A stay on the Medical Surgical Unit is needed when you cannot get well with outpatient treatment. We serve adults and children who are hospitalized to receive medications and treatments or who are recovering from a surgical procedure. The unit consists of 34 beds and is a combination of semiprivate and private rooms. The goal of the Medical Surgical unit is to effectively meet the needs of our patients and their families, provide excellent care and a healing environment.
What to Bring
Many times a hospital stay is not always planned. In the event it is, below is some helpful information to bring with you:
- Home Medications – Bring a list of your home medications you are taking including prescriptions, over the counter medications and vitamins or dietary supplements
- Allergies – Bring a list of your medication and food allergies.
- Comfort items such as a favorite blanket, book or toy for your child.
Visitors are an important part of your hospital stay and recovery. However, rest and unhindered medical care and treatment also is important and for other healing patients. Our visitation guidelines are as follows :
- Please be sensitive to the needs of other patients when visiting.
- Children or adults who have been exposed to communicable diseases or who are obviously ill are not permitted in the patient care areas.
- Visitors are limited to 2 per patient, 30 minutes per visit. Keep the conversation cheerful and light.
- Children, accompanied by an adult, may visit any patient on the medical/surgical unit during visitation hours.
- PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE CHILDREN UNATTENDED.
- Visitors should not loiter in halls and must leave immediately upon the request of hospital personnel.
- Visitors should seek permission from the Charge Nurse before bringing food or household items into the room.
- Ministers may visit anytime, upon the request of the patient.
- At the discretion of the physician or staff, visitors may be asked to leave for reasons of patient privacy, patient care and/or ongoing treatment.
- Smoking and/or the use of any tobacco products is not permitted anywhere in the hospital or on hospital grounds.
Your meals are prepared fresh daily to ensure the highest quality. We strive to make your mealtime a pleasant experience. Our serving times are:
Menu selections for the next day will be on your tray. Please select preferences and leave on the tray for dietary personnel.
If you have any questions concerning your menu options, or if you need to inform us of your food preferences or allergies, please advise nursing or contact the dietary department by dialing ext. 7624. Visitors are asked to refrain from eating from patient trays. Patient meal intake is documented as part of patient care.
Guest trays are available and may be eaten in the patient’s room or in the Café. To order guest trays, contact the dietary department by dialing x 7624,
Café Atrium is open for dining at the following times:
|Breakfast||Monday – Friday||7:30 am – 8:30 am|
|Lunch||Monday – Friday||11:15 am – 1:30 pm|